Cook - Cochrane Centre
BrightPath Kids is looking to hire full time Cook, preferably with Early Childhood Certification, for their newly renovated Cochrane Centre to start mid August.
To carry out the preparation of food for the children in the service, working as part of a team to create a safe, caring and educational place for children. The cook must treat every child with respect, and be aware of all children with food allergies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Organize orders for bulk food buying, weekly and daily shopping and fresh food
- Maintaining and ordering kitchen supplies
- Prepare meals as per centre requirements
- Assist staff with serving food; carrying trays to the classrooms
- Clearing away after meals
- Wash dishes and equipment as required
- Responsible for the safety in the kitchen environment
- Communicating with Room Leaders with regard to the particular diets
- Caring and friendly towards staff, children and parents
- Committed member of the BrightPath Kids staff
- Strong commitment to self-improvement and attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
- Food Handling Certificate
- Experience cooking for groups
- Early Childhood Certification would be an asset
- Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening
Our Team members enjoy:
- A competitive compensation package, including group benefits & paid sick leave
- A 30 % discount on child care for their Child(ren)
- A Tuition Reimbursement Program to support and encourage professional growth
- Ongoing training and development and great career opportunities.
- A long-term position
Join the BrightPath team today!
the journey begins here...
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.